Bowditch Middle School
Thursday, November 15th
• Economics Club meets today at lunch in Room 6. See you there!
• Blue and Gold day is tomorrow, Friday, November 16! Remember to wear blue and gold to show your school spirit!
• Interact Club will meet in room 11 at lunch. Student Council members who are presenting on the Food Drive should attend.
• Pride club meets today in room 15 during lunch. This club is for LGBT+ students and allies- all are welcome! Please bring your lunch with you.
• The winners of this years Lions Club Peace Poster contest are… The 1st place, $100 cash prize winner is 8th grade student Chihiro Ota. The 2nd place winner is 6th grade student Riya Sharda. The Lion’s Club had a difficult time choosing this year as they felt all peace posters were outstanding! Thank you to all the students that participated! Stay tuned for announcements of the in school Peace Poster contest winners!
• Basketball Tryout Update: Tryouts will happen tomorrow, Friday.
8th Grade GIrls: 3:15-5:00 8th Grade Boys: 4:45-6:15
7th Grade Girls: 6:00-7:45 7th Grade Boys: 7:30-9:00
- See the bulletin board outside the gym or SchoolLoop for details.
Although our poor conditions seem to be unwavering, we will hold basketball tryouts on Friday 11/16. The first scheduled games are on 11/26. If your child has a health condition that makes them unable to tryout, they must be present at tryouts with a signed parent note to be considered for a team. However, this does not guarantee them a spot on the team, or another tryout. Also, consent forms are required for all trying out. If the student has not turned in a consent form (available in the office), they will not make a team.
Teams will be posted on Monday morning outside the gym. If your child makes the team, the student and a parent must be present at our Sport Night that Monday 11/19 at 6:30.
8th Grade Girls: 3:30-5:00
8th Grade Boys: 4:45-6:30
7th Grade Girls: 6:15-7:45
7th Grade Boys: 7:30-9:00.
The overlapping time for tryouts is for checking in/putting on numbers.
6TH GRADE PARENT TOURS FOR 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR
Incoming 6th grade parents are welcome to sign up for a tour for ONE session below. Tours are for parents/guardians only. Please do not bring 5th graders, or siblings of any age. Please arrange for childcare prior to the tour, as children may not be left unattended in the front office. 5th graders will have opportunities later in the year to visit the campus prior to school starting in the Fall.
Tours will be held on Tuesday, January 15th and Friday, January 18th at 9:00am and 1:00pm.
It's cold and flu season!
Are you wondering if you should you send your child to school? Check out the recommended guidelines to make an informed decision.
2018-19 Important Dates
- November 12th, NO SCHOOL, Veteran's Day
- November 21st - November 23rd, NO SCHOOL, Thanksgiving Break
- December 18th, Super Minimum Day
- December 21st - January 4th, NO SCHOOL, Winter Break
View the full calendar
Bowditch Middle School is A California Distinguished School