Bowditch Middle School
Providing a Tradition of Excellence
Tuesday, September 25th
· If Mrs. Jensen gave you a pink health form last week please return it to her, in the office, as soon as possible.
· Start With Hello Week continues with some activities in the gym. See you there at lunch.
· The Foster City Lions Club is sponsoring a contest at Bowditch, where thetheme is "Kindness Matters". Contestants are asked to create a poster that visually communicates the contest theme, "Kindness Matters". Contest Details: -The contest is open to children who will be 11, 12 or 13 on Nov 15. Size range: 13" X 20" and no larger then 20" X 24 ".- No use of numbering or lettering in the design. - All media accepted. - Only 1 entry per student and work must be an original creation and the work of only 1 student. See Ms. Barger for details & materials - Art Rm 31.
· Every year 3.5 billion to 7 billion trees are cut down, and about 8 million metric tons of plastic end up in the ocean every year. Join ECO club, and participate in fun events at Bowditch and the Bay Area alike! All the ideas will come from you, so come ready with ideas, your lunch, and friends! Students and teachers are both welcome!! Mondays at lunch in 32.
· Cabaret is THIS Friday starting at 7:00pm at The Vibe. Go to Brown Paper Tickets to purchase your tickets online. Seating is limited.
· Reminder Cabaret Singers--We will rehearse everyday this week at lunch in room #49 (except for Friday).
· Reminder for those working behind the scenes for the Cabaret--there is a meeting at lunch this Wednesday in room #49
· Drama Club: Drama Club will be canceled this Tuesday--due to rehearsals for the Cabaret.
· Fiddler on the Roof Info Mtg for those interested is Oct. 30 from 4:30-5:30 in the Media Center. Please note that we changed the time.. If you are not able to attend the info meeting, see Ms. Smith to pick up a packet after Oct. 30.
· This Friday is the last time to purchase a yearbook with free personalization. Go to jostens.com today to purchase your book. Do you have some great photos you'd like to share with the yearbook staff? If so, please email your photos to Ms. Smith.
· Join us this Friday for the morning walking club. We start at Penelope's and walk to the levee and then to school. You can join us anywhere along the trail. Arrive on time as we do not wait. (If you would like to get a schedule of our stopping stops--see Ms. Smith.) If you walk at least one mile with us, you will receive a Bowditch Bucc, along with an entry into our drawings. Every 3 weeks a winner will receive a small prize. On Dec. 14, we will have a grand prize of movie tickets. Please note that you need have a parent sign a waiver to join the club.
· Bowditch is very excited to launch the Scripps Spelling Bee Contest this year. The Bowditch Spelling Bee champion will move on to participate in the district level championships and may even get a chance to go to Washington DC to participate in the Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals which will be telecast live on National TV. If this sounds exciting to you, take the 1st step: register to participate in the spelling bee written rounds. Reg deadline is Mon, Oct 1st. The link to registration form is in the Buccaneer Bulletin that has been emailed to all parents and posted on schoolloop.
· Come to a meeting of the Bowditch Bridge Club after school at 3:10 pm, on Tuesday, September 25, in Ms. Datta’s room -Room 25- to find out how you can learn the card game of bridge.
Bowditch Middle School is A California Distinguished School